Sunday 7 February 2010

THE beauty guide (I’m not biased, honest)


Now the March issue of InStyle has hit the shops, I can finally start extolling the virtues of the beauty awards to end all beauty awards, the InStyle Best Beauty Buys. It comes as a supplement to the March issue and is the must-have guide for any girl serious about beauty.

How do I know how good it is? Because I’ve been working on it for the last 6 months! And I promise you I’m not biased. I can honestly say these awards are 100% impartial and totally uninfluenced by advertisers - very rare for a monthly glossy magazine.

This year 181 top industry experts (make up artists, hair stylists, nail technicians and skin experts) all contributed by voting for the products they turn to again and again to achieve results – and they should know. All that info was then processed by yours truly, and quite simply, the products that totted up the most votes in each category, won.

I have to say every single product truly deserves to be there, and they’re not all as ridiculously expensive as you might expect. Some bargain winners include: Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara (Best Inexpensive Mascara) and Barry M (Best Inexpensive Nail Polish Range).

Oh, and I wrote the Hands, Nails & Feet section, so look out for my name! :)

March issue of InStyle, £3.60, out now

Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara, £8.99, available nationwide
Barry M Nail Polishes, £2.95, available nationwide

1 comment: