Thursday 18 February 2010

A little summer lift


I’m trying to organise a holiday to Ibiza with four girlfriends. We’ve been talking about it for the past three years, and I thought 2010 would be the year all those imagined nights of drunken fun and fabulous outfits would finally come to fruition. I brought it up at our Christmas drinks party and it was all: ‘Oooooh how exciting!’, ‘Let’s book it tomorrow!!’. But predictably, when push comes to shove and flights need to be booked, all the classic excuses start rolling out: ‘I can’t get the time off work!’, ‘I can’t afford it!’

Girls – you know who you are – sort it out!!

So thank God for Givenchy. My pre-holiday blues immediately lifted when I clapped eyes on the summer collection. It’s totally beautiful. Inspired by the tropical sights and smells of Mauritius, it’s like a bit of summer has come to me. The real stand out piece is the Fleur de Frangipanier Compact Powder in Natural Tan, £32.50 (pictured). So gorgeous, I could hardly bring myself to ruin it with my blusher brush. But I did, and I didn’t regret it – this powder is the perfect mix of bronzer and blush with just a hint of gold shimmer. A real summer stunner!

Givenchy Le Makeup Collection Summer 2010, from £12.50, available nationwide from 1st May 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment